JOURNEYS OF THE FLUTE
Madalyn Blanchett & Marilyn Rife
Flutes, often playing in unison, take listeners on a unique journey tracing
the migrations of Native people from the American Great Plains to the Andean
mountains. Flutes are framed by a variety of instruments, including percussion,
guitar and synthesizer.
1995 - Talking Taco TT-128.
U.S. distribution by Allegro Music, Canadian distribution by Holborne Distributing Co. Ltd.
- Forgotten Empires (4:50) [Note: 1 below] [Listen!]
- Sacred Flutes (3:27)
- Chichen Itza (6:08)
- Mayan Lullabye (3:22)
- Volcanos (3:40) [Listen!]
- Children of the Sun (3:14) [Listen!]
- Morning Star (3:20) [Listen!]
- Lost Tribes (3:01)
- Danzantes (3:28)
- Journey to Yucatan (3:56) [Listen!]
- Xochipilli (3:50) [Listen!]
- Native Lands (4:00) [Listen!]
Total Time: 44:11
Copyright © Musiquest (ASCAP All Rights Reserved)
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this recording benefit the Native
American children of the Southwest through The Save The Children Program.
For more information about Save The Children, write: Save The Children, 54
Wilton Road, Westport, CT 06880.
"Forgotten Empires" also appears on Talking Taco compilation
"Wind Riders" Copyright © 1995.
[Order "Journeys of the Flute"]
- Madalyn Blanchett:
- Sopranino, soprano, alto, tenor, bass and great bass recorders
- Alice Gomez:
- Guitar, synthesizer, keyboard bass, percussion
- Marilyn Rife:
- Marimba, keyboard bass, percussion
Percussion instruments used:
Peruvian bombo, African basket rattle, African seed pods, Indian gourd cabasa,
chulus (goat hoof rattles), guiro, maracas, claves, congas, bongos, concert
tom-toms, marimba, orchestra bells, Chinese Wuhan gongs, suspended cymbal,
bamboo buzz sticks, Native American dance bells.
- All tracks composed and arranged by Alice Gomez
- Special thanks to the San Antonio Symphony for the use of its concert percussion
- Cover Art: Randy Felker
- Original Artwork: Tom Veltri
- Photo: Joan Snow
- Recording Engineer: Joe Treviño (Blue Cat Studios, San Antonio,
- Producer: Alice Gomez
- Executive Producer: Ben Tavera King
Copyright © 1996-2006 Marilyn Rife. Original artwork by Tom Veltri
Page Design by: Carolyn A. Andre.