MARY BLACK: Babes In The Wood
BABES IN THE WOOD
Original Issue date: 1991
- Issue Formats:
- Dara ??
- Grapevine GRAPELP 008
- Gifthorse ??
- Dara ?? (Ireland)
- Grapevine ?? (England)
- Gifthorse G2-10003 (USA)
- King: KICP 26 (Japan)
Declan Sinnott (guitars, dobro, mandolin, backing vocals),
Pat Crowley (accordian, piano, backing vocals),
Garvan Gallagher (double bass),
Noel Bridgeman (percussion),
Maire Bhreathnach (fiddle and synth),
Carl Geraghty (saxophone).
Thanks to Donie Moore, Billy Robinson & Damien McCollum
[Recorded and mixed for Dara Records at Ringsend Road Studios, Dublin: March '91-June '91]
Track Listing (sides as on Grapevine release):
- Still Believing (Thom Moore) (3:40)
- Bright Blue Rose (Jimmy McCarthy) (4:00)
- Golden Mile (Noel Brazil) (4:18)
- Babes In the Wood (Noel Brazil) (4:13)
- The Thorn Upon the Rose (Julie Matthews) (4:10)
- Brand New Star (Kieran Goss) (2:35)
- Prayer For Love (Thom Moore) (4:32)
- Adam At the Window (Jimmy McCarthy) (4:13)
- The Dimming of the Day (Richard Thompson) (3:36)
- ]Might As Well Be A Slave (Noel Brazil) (3:00)
Tracks added for CD release:
- Just Around the Corner (Kieran Goss)
- The Urge For Going (Joni Mitchell)
Other album notes:
"Declan wishes to thank George Lowden for his Guitars and
Tim Halloran for keeping all his instruments in shape."
Additional comments: the album cover and reverse art features a layout of items relating to the various songs on the album, and include materials belonging to Mary (earring and necklace,among them).
Additions, changes, comments welcomed - send mail to webmaster: webmaster @ house-of-music.com (remove spaces when you type the address)
the contents of any recordings listed / referenced in these pages is copyright © the appropriate musical or publishing copyright owners.
Website pages copyright © 1995-2002 Carolyn Andre, including HTML, original scans and digitized artwork.