MARY BLACK: By the Time It Gets Dark
BY THE TIME IT GETS DARK
Original Issue date: 1987
- Issue Formats:
- Dara DARA 027
- Grapevine ??
- Dara ?? (Ireland)
- Grapevine GrapeCD 004, 1987 (England)
- Gifthorse G2-10013, 1995 (USA)
- King KICP 70 (Japan)
Declan Sinnott, Pat Crowley, Garvan Gallagher, Noel
Bridgeman, Mandy Murphy, Carl Geraghty, John Sheehan, Caroline Lavells,
Ona Ni Chairainer, Honor Heffernan.
[Recorded for Dara Records at Lansdowne Studios, Dublin, Summer '87]
Track Listing (sides as on Dara vinyl release):
- By the Time It Gets Dark (Sandy Denny)
- Schooldays Over (Ewan McColl)
- Once In A Very Blue Moon (Pat Alger/Eugene Levine)
- Farewell, Farewell (Richard Thompson)
- Sparks Might Fly (Noel Brazil)
- Katie (Jimmy McCarthy)
- Leaving the Land (Eric Bogle)
- There Is A Time (Johnny Duhan)
- Jamie (Declan Sinnot)
- Leaboys Lassie (trad. arranged Black/Sinnot)
- Trying to Get the Balance Right (Johnny Duhan)
Track added for all CD releases:
- Moon River (Mancini/Mercer)
Track added for Gifthorse US CD release (1995):
- Don't Explain (Holiday/?)
Other album notes:
"Special thanks to Nick Daly, the staff at Lansdowne
Studios, Joe, Marcie Fenwell, and to Tim Halloran for keeping Declan's guitars
"To Declan for your time, effort and inspiration on this album -
thanks - M.B."
Additions, changes, comments welcomed - send mail to webmaster: webmaster @ house-of-music.com (remove spaces when you type the address)
the contents of any recordings listed / referenced in these pages is copyright © the appropriate musical or publishing copyright owners.
Website pages copyright © 1995-2002 Carolyn Andre, including HTML, original scans and digitized artwork.